duminică, 15 august 2010

further quotes and notes

" And I gave up smoking at once", he said, "because I loved the motorcycle so".
"We all cling to something", I said
"To the wrong things-" he said, "and we start clinging too late. I will tell you the one thing I really believe out of all the things there are to believe".
"All right", I said.
"All people are insane", he said. "they will do anything at any time, and God help anybody who looks for reasons".

and when he found out that Helga was really her sister, Resi, after he mentioned about his book "Memoirs of a Monogamous Casanova", so after he had made love to her believing that she was his long missing/missed/mrs:P wife, he suddenly entitles his next chapter "A Polygamous Casanova"
' ..so unexpected and witty:D made me laugh out loud

and another... funny subtle joke:

"He beamed at me, and he said, "I'm not mad at anybody."
"That's certainly the way to be" , I said.
"I've got some advice for you", he said
"I'd be glad to have it", I said.
"Relax", he said, beaming, beaming. "Just relax."
"That's how I got here*", I said.

*in jail

"I had hoped, as a broadcaster, to be merely ludicrous, but this is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many human beings reluctant to laugh, so incapable of thought, so eager to believe and snarl and hate. So many people wanted to believe me!"

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting," I said, "but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on his side. It's that part of every man that finds all kinds of ugliness so attractive."
"It's that part of an imbecile", I said, "that punishes and vilifies and makes war gladly".

So I am about to be a free man again, to wander where I please.
I find this prospect nauseating.
I think tonight is the night I will hang Howard W. Campbell, Jr., for crimes against himself.
I know that tonight is the night.
They say that a hanging man hears gorgeous music. Too bad that I, like my father, unlike my musical mother, am tone-deaf. All the same, I hope that the tune I am about to hear is not Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas'.
Goodbye, cruel world!
Auf wiedersehen?

Atitudinea 'eroului' in mai toate legaturile lui cu societatea din afara natiunii formate din doi, atat de ...plata..mi-a adus aminte de "sa nu ma parasesti"

Iar morala pe care am asociat-o poeziei lui Sorescu, a venit chiar de la Vonnegut insusi:
"This is the only story of mine whose moral I know. I don't think it's a marvelous moral; I simply happen to know what it is ' We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be'. "

asadar, in mai multe cuvinte, aceleasi in esenta cu cele de mai sus, poezia in limba romana:


Cine

Sa cercetam bine
Cine se ascunde sub noi,
Sa fim foarte atenti
Pe cine numim
Eu.

Ca nu mai poti
Avea încredere oarba
În nimeni,
Sa fim atenti, mai ales,
Pe cine numim
Eu.

Îndesati cu genunchiul
Sub niste masti,
Atât de conventionale,
Râsul, plânsul, iubirea,
Ne caznim, stângaci,
Sa fim familiari cu noi.

Poate chiar reusim
În unele momente,
Dar ne speriem grozav
Când ne auzim glasul.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu